Sleuthtek GPS Tracker Quick Start Guide
Thank you for Purchasing from us! Along with your purchase you are getting free premium tech support and customer service. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will do everything we can to help. Your complete satisfaction is our priority. Let’s get started!
How to Charge the Battery:
- Use the USB cable provided and a 5v AC adapter (not included) to charge the tracker. It will take a few hours to fully charge.
Turning on the Tracker:
- Insert the SIM card to turn the device on. The metal side of the card should be facing down toward the magnet. The sim card will “click” into place. It will automatically turn on once the SIM card is inserted properly. • The device will automatically turn off when the SIM card is removed.
Activating Your Tracker
Go to www.sleuthtek.net using a computer or browser on your smartphone and follow the directions below to sign up for the monthly service. You can cancel at any time.
- On the “Sign in” page click the “Not a member yet” button.
- Enter your email (this is where your temporary password is sent) and click the “Register” button. You will be sent to the “Sign in” page again.
- Check your email for the temporary password.
- On the “Sign in” page enter your email again and the temporary password (you will be able to change it later) and click “Sign in”.
- On the next screen choose the plan that fits your needs and lick the “Renew” or “Upgrade” button. This will sign you up for the service.
- On the next page click on the “Stripe” link.
- On the next page fill in your credit card info and click the “Proceed” button.
- On the next page click on the “+” symbol. You will be taken to the “Add new” pop-up.
Next set your time zone.
UTC Time Chart
PST = Pacific Standard Time (UTC – 8 hours)
ALDT = Alaskan Daylight Time (UTC – 8 hours)
PDT = Pacific Daylight Time (UTC – 7 hours)
MST = Mountain Standard Time (UTC – 7 hours)
MDT = Mountain Daylight Time (UTC – 6 hours)
CST = Central Standard Time (UTC – 6 hours)
CDT = Central Daylight Time (UTC – 5 hours)
EST = Eastern Standard Time (UTC – 5 hours)
EDT = Eastern Daylight Time (UTC – 4 hours)
AST = Atlantic Standard Time (UTC – 4 hours)
ALST = Alaskan Standard Time (UTC – 9 hours)
HST = Hawaiian Standard Time (UTC – 10 hours)
Change the password on the tracking software and app. If desired.
Click on “change password” in the drop-down menu. In the “Edit” window that pops up change the password to your desired password.
To use the Included app on your smartphone simply go to the Play Store, App. Store or wherever you download apps for your phone and search for Sleuthtek GPS. The logo will look the logo to the right and is blue and orange in color. Use the same email and password as you used for the control panel to sign in.
Text Commands Used to Change Settings and Communicate with The Tracker Using Your Cellphone.
NOTE: When sending SMS (text) commands to the tracker be sure to text exactly as it is shown. If there is a space be sure to include it. Do not include any quotation marks (“)
- Change Password (if desired):
This password is only for sending an SMS text message to the device. It does not affect the online dashboard. It is not necessary to change the password. The default password is 0000.
◦ Text the command “777+New Password+Old Password” (the original password is 0000 if you have not changed it already)
◦ Example: 77712340000 will be what you send if you want to change the password to 1234.
• Setting Time Interval for Updates:
The time interval is how often the tracker reports to the online and app. dashboard. Example: if you set it to 60 seconds the tracker will report its location every 60 seconds. The factory interval is 20 seconds.
- Text Command “805+Password+ Interval (The interval is specified in seconds, a value from 5 seconds to 1800 seconds)
• Example: 8050000 30 -The tracker will now send location / update every 30 seconds.
TIP: The more frequent the updates the faster the battery will be drained. Changing the time interval to a longer interval can significantly increase the battery life.
- Restart Tracker:
In rare cases if the tracker “freezes” you could try restarting the tracker.
◦ Text Command RESTART
***NOTE*** The tracking service associated with this tracker only affords 100 SMS text messages per month. The only time that you should use text messaging is to setup the tracker or make setup adjustments or to check the battery level occasionally. If you use all these texts, you will not be able to control the tracker until it rolls over to the next month.